Why use Whole-Body Vibration Exercise?
- Low Impact
- Reduced Exercise Time
- Effective with Weight Loss
- Improves Strength and Power
- Increased Muscle Tone
- Enhancement of Athletic Performance
- Increased Flexibility and Range of Motion
- Increased Circulation
- Improved Lymphatic Drainage
- Positive Effects of Bone Density
- Pain Reduction
- Cellulite Reduction
AN HOUR AT THE GYM IN ONLY 15 MINUTES!
How Vibration Works
Vibration exercise is a phenomenal and powerful tool to assist in strengthening and toning your muscles. The machine produces vertical vibrations that cause about 3,000 gentle involuntary muscle contractions every minute and stimulates a stretch reflex, therefore amplifying the effects on your body. Involuntary muscle contractions help tone and build muscle effectively because more muscle fibers are engaged during involuntary muscle movement than during voluntary muscle movement (like a regular workout). By exercising on the WAVE platform in different positions, different muscle groups are exercised, helping you lose weight and tone your muscles. In comparison to conventional training, you can get a complete and great work out in only 15-20 minutes!
The WAVE is an ideal addition for any weight control program. Exercise is the key to losing or maintaining weight and toning your muscles. Vibration therapy provides the benefit of high intensity training without the usual stress and struggle. Working out on the WAVE may increase your metabolism, burn more calories, increase muscle mass and increase bone density. It is widely understood that you lose weight when you burn more calories than you consume. Burning those calories depends on metabolism and muscle activity. When you work larger muscle groups and as many muscles as possible leads to the best results. That’s where the WAVE comes in to do its magic! Vibration therapy provides the equivalent of an effective full body workout, all without the endless hours of struggle, and stress.
There are so much more benefits from vibration exercise therapy. It helps increase your circulation. After doing just a few reps you may get that “tingling” sensation of blood flow, almost as if you have just jogged for a while. It will also aid in lymphatic drainage. This is the release of toxins from the tissues. You can compare the results to those of a long deep tissue massage.
Understanding Vibration: The Science
The Stretch Reflex
- Muscle fibers lengthen when a muscle goes through small changes in length.
- Intrafusal muscle fibers (muscle spindle) sense change and rate of change in length.
- Muscle fibers contract involuntarily to counteract the stretch associated with WBV.
- Golgi tendon organ (GTO) senses the development of tension between the muscle and bone (involved in flexibility).
- GTO inhibits the contractions when tension is too high and relaxes the muscle.
- Vibration produces a continuous loop of involuntary contractions while vibration is present.